Ásatrú means 'faith' 'in the Æsir',
Ásatrú is an ethnic religion, often known to many initially as 'Nordic Paganism' or 'Germanic Paganism'.
Ásatrú is an ethnically Northern Germanic indigenous spirituality.
Ásatrú was forged at least 2500 years ago in its current form, the Rune Era (RE or R.E), the identified point after which religious Runes were adopted and used all across Northern Europe is dated roughly to 250.B.C or the year 0 RE.
The current date (within the Rune Era, which is only the latest Era in our history) is calculated as the current date +250 years. Until a precise date for the ancient beginning of Ásatrú or one of its past eras is known, the Nationalist Ásatrú News will use the Rune Era.
Ásatrú can trace its proto-variant roots back as far as 32,000-50,000 years ago, making Ásatrú and related European ancestral religions the oldest religions in Europe, at a -minimum- (-32,000) making ancient Ásatrú 20 times older than Semitic-Islam,15 times older than Semitic Christianity and at least 5 times older than Judaism.
Modern Ásatrú found its revival (overtly) surging from the 1800s onwards, especially and most prominently in England, Germany and Scandinavia.
Ásatrú and other, less Germanic variants of European polytheism are the only indigenous forms of religion / spirituality in the entirety of Europe and the oldest indigenous religion in the far north of Vinland.
Ásatrú is the only religion which is growing amongst Europeans worldwide, all other religions that were imposed upon Europeans are in extreme, irreverisble decline, as was expected as we return to our true natural spiritual outlook.
Ásatrú and its related vatiants are set to become the primary religion for Europeans for the first time since the year 600 A.D (863 RE).
- 2001 research indicated the number of UK 'Pagans' was around 250,000. A sizeable majority of those consider themselves Ásatrú or 'Odinist'.
- ("In the 2001 census, 42,262 people from England, Scotland and Wales declared themselves Pagans - the 7th largest religious affiliation. According to leading historian Professor Ronald Hutton who has studied the growth of Paganism in the UK, these numbers are only the tip of the iceberg. His 2001 research indicated the number of UK Pagans was around 250,000.")
This number has grown since 200, 'Paganism is the fastest growing religious outlook or spirituality in the UK, this growth is harder to accurately measure and quantify due to the systemic denial from the national census and other survey bodies to include Pagans or Asatru in survey data, they are literally attempting to cover up our resurgence to deny us the confidence in our own, numerically colossal resurgence.
Proto-variants of Ásatrú date back (in a recognizeable form) at least 32,000 years as indicated by archaeological evidence such as ritual burial evidence, religious monuments, religious items and iconography.
Ásatrú is polythesitic in relation to our pantheon of Gods and Goddesses which both come from the 2 families of the Gods known as the Æsir and Vanir:
- The Æsir represent primarily the high virtues of our folk, such as honour, wisdom, courage, fortitude, nobility, sacrifice, etc.
- The Æsir, through the God Heimdallr are the oldest ancestors of Northern Europeans. Nordic and Germanic Europeans are the sons and daughters of the Æsir themselves, our Gods and Goddesses share our blood, the protection and honouring of our blood is the protection and honouring of our Gods and Goddesses in return.
- The Vanir represent primarily the high natural virtues inate to life, such as fetility, beauty, intelligence, talent and the laws of nature. Nature itself thus is confered a high sacred value through its representation in the Vanir, both the Vanir and Æsir share many archetypal roles and represent overlaping aspects of existence and of the human form.
An Ásatrú outlook: the belief in our Gods and Goddesses
- The Æsir and Vanir are considered to be actively existent entities symbolically during Ásatrú rituals and religious thought, when one hails to Odin or Frigga one does not simply hail to the name Frigga or Odin, but to a high ideal and a symbol,
- The Gods and Goddesses are hyper-real, they are symbols or archetypes, They are more than 'real'.
Know that as the descendants of the Gods and Goddesses their physical existence is seen in ourselves, when you look at the finest Germanic Northern Europeans you are looking at the descendents of the Gods and Goddesses themselves.
- We are all the sons and daughters of Heimdallr, Though many of us take after specific Gods and Goddesses, intelligent and beautiful Germanic women & mothers, different archetypes of Freya and Frigga, strong intelligent Germanic males, archetypes of Thor, wise and knowledgeable Germanic males, archetypes of Odin, brave, honourable males, with hearts flowing with aspirations of justice, archetypes of Tyr.
- The Gods and Godesses are real and living within the best of our folk, for we are their sons and daughters
- When you see your fellow Germanic/Nordic Europeans in the streets, in your neighbourhood or at work, you should understand that they are all the sons of daughters of Heimdallr, all Europeans must remember their sacred identity.
It is literally written that we are sacred and descended from holy Germanic racial blood, each and every European woman, man and child deserves to be reminded of this rightful heritage..
- Belief in the Æsir and Vanir as physically existent entities does not therefore cause philosophical or scientific problems to Ásatrú, as the existence and non-existence of the dieties in other religions has throughout religious debate over the centuries.
All adherents of an Ásatrú outlook on life 'believe' in the Æsir and Vanir, but that belief sometimes manifests itself interchangeably as belief in what the Æsir and Vanir represent rather than belief in the Æsir and Vanir as existing as physical, empirically verifiable entities and sometimes it is simple to be found as belief in yourself, as a son or daughter of Heimdallr.
That is the most important part of Ásatrú.
Many Ásatrúar consider the Æsir and Vanir to be glorious archetypes whilst others consider them to be actually existent beings, not directly as human forms always, but often represented in the ideal forms of the world around us and in the ideal Germanic/Nordic womankind and mankind.
- The majority of Ásatrúar can intellectually move between these two positions without any philosophical concern, as per the demands of Ásatrú and the current European tendency towards a highly scientific (empiricist) epistemological view of our universe and of our existence.
- It is only the most dedicated and rare-to-find Ásatrúar who actively and unrelentingly hold to the thought that the Æsir and Vanir are actively existent entities during all moments in thier life.
The Gods and Goddesses of our ancestors undeniably permeate throughout our culture.
- Especially in our words, names, place names, traditions, conduct, government and even in the European persuasion of Christianity (which hijacked many of our customs to make itself appear more palateable), an example you are the names of the weeks, most notably and obviously: Tuesday (Tyr's day), Wednesday (Wotan's day), Thursday (Thor's day), Friday (High Goddess Frigga's day), Sunday (Sunna's day).
The inherent brilliance of Ásatrú as a way of life
- Our Gods and Goddesses were so important to our ancestors, that the rotations of the earth (days) are dedicated in name to our Gods and Goddesses, that shows you the sheer importance and power intrinsic to Ásatrú and how it guided our ancestors on an everyday level in everything they did, during the years of our evolution that saw the Northern Germanic people excell racially, culturally, spiritually, intellectually,
- All of the truly great philosophers and leaders of our world were European pagans: from Ásatrú to Hellenism, both in the ancient and the modern Europe, such a fact demonstrates that if we want brilliance for not only ourselves but also for the entirety of our European civilizations, we must return to the racially virtuous, and spiritually sophisticated ways of our ancestors in our outlook on life.
Ásatrú improves the very way you percieve life, it informs your daily life with ruthless dedication, strength, wisdom, elegance and willpower.
Seeking to rebuild our folk under an Ásatrú guided civilization, from the wreckage of this post-Christian civilization, is the most natural and effective route for uplifiting and safegaurding the existence of our folk and directing ourselves onto a path of perfection, racially, spiritually, economically, militarily and intellectually.
Hail the Goddesses
Hail the Gods